In our series of in-depth articles about various Perth suburbs, we're taking a look at Padbury, in Perth's north. It is close to the beach, major shopping precincts and schools. Being so close to the above, plus the Mitchell Freeway, Padbury has been a popular suburb for Perth families for decades.
Council and surrounding suburbs Council: City of Joondalup Surrounding suburbs: Craigie, Duncraig, Greenwood, Hillarys, Kallaroo, Kingsley, Sorrento, Woodvale.
Image: Padbury Playgroup Facebook page
Padbury is serviced by Transperth bus routes 443, 464, 444 and 461, which travel to Whitfords Train Station. Greenwood Station is also close by, and both stations are located on the Joondalup line, which travels to Joondalup, the Perth CBD and down to Mandurah.
Shopping • Padbury has a small shopping centre, Padbury Shopping Centre, located on Warburton Avenue, which has a supermarket, pharmacy and various speciality shops.
• The closest major shopping centre is Westfield Whitfords City which has a Coles, Woolworths, Big W, JB Hifi and lots of speciality shops.
• Within 15 minutes drive of Padbury, you will also find major shopping centres at Karrinyup and Joondalup.
Police The nearest police station is located at 114 Flinders Avenue in Hillarys.
Recreational facilities and events • Padbury is close to Event Cinemas Whitfords • Nearby BMX tracks and Skate Parks are located at Kanangra Park in Greenwood, Shepherds Bush Park in Kingsley and Galston Park in Duncraig, plus Craigie Skate Park in Craigie.
• MacDonald Park which is suitable for toddlers
• Greenwood Scout and Guide Hall • Padbury is also a short drive to Hillarys Boat Harbour and Sorrento Quay Boardwalk, both of which have shops, restaurants, events and family activities.
• The suburb is also close to Sorrento Beach and Mullaloo Beach.
Boardwalk Betty at Sorrento Quay (Image: Shannon Meyerkort, Perth Mums Group)
Have we missed something great about Padbury? If so, please leave a comment! For more articles about Perth suburbs, read on here.