Welcome to my Suburb takes an in-depth look at just some of Perth’s suburbs and their surrounds. This week, we take a look at Morley, located just 10 kilometres north-east of the city of known for its huge shopping centre, Centro Galleria and the Morley Rollerdome. If you’re thinking of moving to the area, here’s what you need to know.
Council and surrounding suburbs Council: City of Bayswater Surrounding suburbs: Bayswater, Bedford, Dianella, Embleton, Maylands, Mount Lawley, Noranda.
Morley Galleria (Image: Morley Galleria website)
Public transport Morley is serviced by Morley Bus Station and buses travel to a wide variety of destinations, including Perth City, Doman Stadium in Subiaco, Midland Station and Edith Cowan University Mount Lawley.
Coventry Village (Image: Coventry Village website)
Shopping • Morley Galleria is a two-storey shopping centre that is home to Coles, Woolworths, Aldi, Myer, Kmart, Target, Greater Union Morley (Event Cinemas) plus lots of speciality shops, a food court and restaurants.
• Coventry Village sits adjacent to the Galleria and has a Spud Shed, chemists and lots of speciality shops.
Dining Out • Morley Galleria has a large number of casual dining and takeaway options.
• Coventry Village has a huge array of dining options and restaurants, including casual dining, international cuisine and fully licensed restaurants.
• Morley Bar and Bistro • Ming Dynasty Restaurant
• Sun on Chinese Restaurant
• Gangham Style Korean Restaurant
• Two40Three – Morley’s only small bar
• Coventry Seafood