Are you attending an event at RAC Arena? Here are some top tips for taking the kids!
The RAC Arena (formerly Perth Arena) hosts a dazzling array of top class shows and sporting events in the heart of Perth City.
RAC Arena hosts live concerts, family events and sports events (Image: RAC Arena Facebook page.)
We've been lucky enough to see The Wiggles and Disney on Ice there with our young family, but it can be a bit of a daunting idea venturing into the big smoke with little ones, so here's our top tips for a hassle-free family visit:
1. RAC Arena has a strict bag policy for security - all bags over A4 size must be cloaked. The cloakroom staff do give out small paper bags for you to carry a few essentials into the venue.
2. No prams or nappy bags are allowed into the venue (see A4 bag rule above).
3. Check the specific show policy for babes in arms - some events require you to hold a ticket even for tiny babies.
4. There are currently roadworks outside RAC Arena on Wellington Street - check venue website for latest updates.
Image RAC Arena Facebook page
5. We took advantage of the Backstage by Bankwest lounge to relax for some pre-show drinks. They have great seating areas and colouring for the kids. This comfortable, family friendly area is open to all Bankwest customers. Bankwest customers also get a 10% discount off all RAC Arena refreshments when purchased with a Bankwest Mastercard.
Relaxing in the Backstage by Bankwest lounge pre-show
6. RAC members can also enjoy access to the RAC members lounge and discounts on bottled water.
7. Outside food and drinks are not permitted into the venue. Once inside there is a variety of food and drink outlets. Expect to pay $15-20 each for branded refreshments, such as fairy floss with a Disney crown or a slushy in a take home Disney cup.
8. Save on City Centre parking by using the covered 24h car park at Watertown - its a short walk from the RAC Arena and only $6 for 2-3 hours.