While Halloween is essentially known as a popular event in the United State, it is gaining popularity among Australians, particularly children. I certainly find myself stocking up on lollies and chocolate on October 31 in preparation for an influx of little vampires, witches and ghouls wandering the streets of Perth in the Halloween tradition of ‘Trick or Treating’. Alternatively, if you’d prefer to join in on a Halloween event, there’s plenty happening in Perth on and around October 31.
Boo At The Zoo, South Perth Perth Zoo, 20 Labouchere Road, South Perth Saturday, 28 October from 5pm to 8pm Website: https://perthzoo.wa.gov.au
• Bring your own torch and follow the trick or treat trail
• Take a selfie in the photo booth
• Scary face painting!
• Come and dance at the Monster Mash!
Image: Perth Zoo website
Halloween Spooky Party at Funtastic4Kids, Wangara 1/31 Rigali Way, Wangara Saturday, October 28 between 5pm and 7pm Website: See the Facebook event for more details
• Come dressed in your best Halloween outfit and win a prize!
• Trick or treat on the lolly hunt
• $5 per child
The Perth Mums Crochet Club meets fortnightly to learn crochet, meet other Perth mums, and have a good chat. Whether you're a complete beginner or a seasoned pro, everyone is welcome to come along!
Halloween Spooktacular Market at Craigie Leisure Centre Craigie Leisure Centre, Whitfords Avenue, Craigie Sunday, 29 October between 9am and 1pm Website: See the Facebook event.
• A Spooktacular Indoor market with over 50 stalls to browse
• Free balloon twisting
• Face painting (costs involved)
• Live music!
• Come dressed in your best Halloween outfit
Chipmunks Halloween Party, Chipmunks Wanneroo 1387 Wanneroo Road, Friday, October 27 between 5pm and 8pm Website: See the Facebook page
• Dress to impress in your best Halloween costume
• Come along and enjoy music, games, prizes
• Gift bags available!
Happy Halloween at Claremont Showgrounds Claremont Showgrounds, 1 Graylands Road, Claremont Saturday, 28 and Sunday, 29 October between 11am and 4pm Website: For more information, see the Facebook event
• All ages day session for families
• Lots of Halloween entertainment for the entire family including trick or treating, costume prizes, mirror maze, the Monster Zoo and more!
• Amusement rides, 3 Ghost Trains and Dodgem Cars
• Tickets are just $25 online or $30 at the door – kids under 3 years are free
Image: Claremont Showgrounds website
Halloween Night at Rolloways, O’Connor Unit 12/352 South Street, O’Connor Saturday, 28 October between 7pm and 10pm Website: http://www.rolloways.com
• Grab your skates and spend Halloween at the roller rink!
• Entry fee is only $10, including skate hire ($3 extra for inlines/roller blades)
• Awesome prizes for best dressed