Fruit tastes amazing when it's freshly picked – and it doesn’t get much fresher than when you pick it yourself! In Perth, you can pick all sorts of fruit during the year, including strawberries, mangoes, oranges, apples and pears. Here are some of the best places for you and the kids to have a go at picking your own fruit.
Having the support and friendship of other mums who are living the same experience is important for the well-being of every mum. Here are 7 reasons to join a real-world mums group:
Core Cider House has pick your own fruit from December to August every year, as listed below. It also has a child friendly restaurant!
• Plums – December to February
• Pears, apples, persimmons, pomegranates and quince – March to May
• Oranges – July and August
Image: Core Cider House Facebook page
Valley Fresh Produce 50 McCorkill Road, Pickering Brook 0459 524 294 Website: See the Facebook page.
• Apple picking season runs from March to July.
Pick Your Own Strawberry Farm 263 Old West Swan Road, Bullsbrook 9404 8057 Website: http://pickyourownstrawberries.com.au Entry fees: Pay $10 per tray of strawberries (approximately 4-5kg) and price includes entry fee for one person. $2 per additional person in group.
• Strawberries available every Saturday and Sunday in 2017 between 9am and 4pm.
Perth Pick Your Own Strawberries 101 Kiln Road, Carabooda Website: See the Facebook page
• Open every Sunday between 9am and 3pm all year round for strawberry picking.