My 18 month olds twins have started to enjoy craft activities. This means that they a) have a longer attention span, and b) are not eating everything they can get their hands on.
This Christmas I decided to get them involved in making simple salt dough ornaments for grandparents and aunties and uncles. It kept them occupied, was fantastic sensory play and adds a personal touch to your loved one’s Christmas tree.
Ingredients: To make Christmas Salt Dough Ornaments you need simple ingredients that can be found in your kitchen cupboard.
Is your business looking for extra exposure during the lead up to Christmas? Perth Mums Group is holding a Facebook Coupon Race on Friday 7th December and you're invited to take part!
3. Add the water gradually, while stirring.
4. Knead and roll the dough onto a flour dusted chopping board, then use a rolling pin to get the dough to approximately ½ cm thickness.
5. Let your imagination do what it likes with cookie cutters. You could cut circles out and place little handprints in the middle for grandparents. Another idea is to use a shape, such as a star, and place fingerprints in the middle.
6. Use the drinking straw to poke a hole through the top of the ornament so you can hang on your tree later.
7. Place the salt dough ornaments on trays lined with baking paper and bake until hard (approximately 1 hour.)
8. Once they have have cooled, let the kids run wild with paints, glitter and whatever they like to decorate.
9. Coat with clear nail varnish and allow them to dry overnight.
10. String some ribbon through the holes at the top and you now have beautiful and sentimental ornaments for members of your family.
If sealed with varnish, they will last a long time.
A word of warning: keep out of reach of your pet dog. These may seem like a delicious, tasty treat, but they are so full of salt it may upset their stomachs.
Meerilinga centres across Perth offer children ages 2.5 - 4 years, quality, play-based Early Learning Programs to support their early learning and development before they begin kindy. Enrol now for 2019 and don't miss out on a place!
The high-quality ten-piece European Baby Bedding Set is made of delicate and pleasant baby cotton. From blue, pink, cream and grey hearts designs, to sets with bears and owls, you'll be stuck for choice!
Introducing Refresh, this mobile service in Perth is the Uber of car detailing, as seen on Shark Tank. Whether you're at home, work, a cafe or out and about at the shops, Refresh will go anywhere to clean your car!